03 Aug Pay-by-Phone Has Arrived!
Effective immediately, South Plains Telephone Cooperative (SPTC) is offering the option to Pay-by-Phone. It’s simple, easy to navigate, and provides some options to make paying your bill easy. Pay-by-phone is in addition to paying by check, money order, cash, or bank draft. Below are a few things to know about Pay-by-Phone:
- You will need your account # found on your phone bill;
- You can pay by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover), debit card, or E-check;
- Set up a recurring payment;
- Make payments on multiple accounts;
- Paying amounts over $600 on the same account will require you to hang up and make another payment;
- No fees;
- Make a payment from any phone, anywhere!
To access Pay-by-Phone, dial 1-888-228-9812. Follow the prompts. Please note the following:
- If you currently pay by bank draft and prefer to Pay-by-Phone, please call the office before the 1st of the month to stop your bank draft. Canceled bank drafts made after the 1st will not be processed until the following month. For example, you make a Pay-by-Phone payment on the 1st of the month then call to cancel bank draft the 2nd of the month. Both payments will be applied to the account.
- If your services have been suspended for non-pay and you Pay-byPhone, services will not be automatically reconnected. It is best to make your payment early in the day, then call the office during normal business hours and talk with customer service; they will get services reconnected.
If you have additional questions, or want to verify your payment was received and credited to your account, call customer service at 806/763-2301, Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm.